ABC News Article

Asbestos spread through their share house, but these women had to fight for months to get compensation.

I recently came across an ABC News Article which outlines the concerning state of asbestos in Victoria. It appears the lack of knowledge in our communities/workplaces is very low. It also highlights how widely spread asbestos problems are in Victoria and Australia. I have attached an ABC news article outlining a residential rental property disaster story. In the video, an occupational hygienist was commissioned to safely identify and implement control measures. The house was deemed contaminated following the cutting of the asbestos cement.

The occupants of the house were exposed to the harmful asbestos fibres for roughly two weeks after the works had been completed. The video demonstrates how important seeking professional advice from a Licensed Asbestos Assessor or Occupational Hygienist is prior to any demolition, renovation or refurbishment works.